|Series||My Hero Academia|
|Height||5'9" (175 cm)|
|“||If you wanna stop this, then stand up! Because I've just got one thing to say to you! Never forget who you want to become!||„|
|~ Shoto Todoroki|
Shoto Todoroki is one of the main protagonists of My Hero Academia, a manga series written by Kohei Horikoshi.
Shoto is the son of Enji Todoroki, better known as the Flame Hero Endeavor. In an attempt to create a child that would be strong enough to surpass the strongest Hero in the world, All Might, Endeavor forcefully married a woman with a Quirk that allowed ice manipulation, hoping that their child would possess both her ice Quirk and his fire Quirk. After several attempts in the past, Shoto was born with both of his parents' Quirks. While Endeavor tried to train him to surpass All Might, Shoto's mother didn't want that life for him and tried to raise him with love. Unfortunately for Shoto, so much abuse from Endeavor led to his mother going crazy and pouring boiling water over his left eye, calling the left side of his body unbearable because of how it reminds her of his father. Endeavor then had Shoto's mother locked up, and since he knew that his father was to blame for his mother going insane, Shoto decided to rebel against Endeavor and become a Hero without using his fire Quirk. In his teenage years, Shoto managed to get into U.A., a prestigious Hero academy. While there, he met Izuku Midoriya, All Might's successor, and the new wielder of his Quirk, One For All. While no one else knew about Izuku and All Might's connection, Shoto noticed the similarities between their Quirks and deduced that they had some connection. During U.A.'s Sports Festival, where students compete to earn publicity and attract the attention of Pro Heroes to hire them, Shoto explained his past to Izuku and declared that if he beat someone with powers like All Might's without using his flames, he'd show his dad that he didn't need him to become a Hero. However, when the two of them did end up fighting in the tournament, Izuku managed to get Shoto to use his fire, showing Shoto that even though the Quirk came from his dad, what matters is how Shoto uses it.
Powers & Abilities
- Half-Cold Half-Hot: Shoto's Quirk is a combination of his mother's ice Quirk and Endeavor's fire Quirk, allowing him to generate and control ice and fire using the right and left sides of his body, respectively. Using his right side, Shoto can generate freezing temperatures and freeze anything he touches. His freezing is incredibly precise, going from freezing entire buildings and giant robots with one motion, to carefully plugging up engines with ice to block them up. He can also create walls of ice for defense, and freeze the ground to trip up opponents or move faster. Using his left side, Shoto can drastically increase his body temperature to generate scorching flames and heat. However, he lacks the same control over his flames than his cold, due to holding off on using them in battle for years. By releasing heat from his body without generating flames, Shoto can hold off frostbite caused by overusing his right side, or melt ice to free people he's frozen.
- Giant Ice Wall: Shoto's only named technique. Using his ice power, Shoto creates a massive wall of ice that either freezes the opponent solid, or blocks them with its sheer size. With this attack, Shoto was able to freeze a large part of a stadium in seconds. However, it also lowers Shoto's body temperature to dangerous levels, forcing him to use his fire to warm himself back up.
- Hero Costume: Shoto's costume that he wears while performing heroics. It was designed specifically for Shoto, and optimizes the use of his Quirk to diminish its drawbacks. The jacket was made to resist intense heat, so Shoto doesn't burn it up when using his flames, and its collar senses Shoto's body temperature and either cools down or heats up to keep it regulated. The belt has small capsules that contain water, pain medication, and disinfectant, and the boots have small spikes on the soles to make it easier for Shoto to walk on frozen ground.
- Can carry someone on his back for a large amount of time.
- Dragged around an unconscious villain by himself.
- Created a massive ice wall over the Sports Festival Stadium (11.72 megatons of TNT)
- He also melted the whole glacier with his fire
- Created another ice wall in a forest (7.06 megatons of TNT)
- Harmed Nomu with his ice
- Comparable to Bakugou, who destroyed multiple steel cubes (1:25:01) (500 kilotons of TNT)
- Froze an entire lake and its surroundings during his fight with Chimera (194.64-230.6 tons of TNT)
- Froze an entire building
- Created ice to block a hole made by Dark Shadow (10.26 kilotons of TNT)
- Froze water in order to stop a mall from collapsing
- Froze this water geyser
- Superior to Cementoss, who could make cement walls (44.93 tons of TNT)
- Comparable to Deku, who can destroy large steel structures
- Can freeze Wolfram’s metal tentacle...things
- Nearly melted Tetsutetsu.
- His flames should be comparable to Dabi’s flames, which can melt massive ice structures
- His flames are stated to be comparable to Endeavor’s own flames. Endeavor is powerful enough to split clouds.
- Can create ice walls in seconds.
- Partially dodged a knife thrown at point-blank range.
- Dodged a blow from Iida, who's Quirk grants him super speed.
- Kept up with Stain.
- Completed a villain-defeating challenge within 14 seconds
- Should be comparable to giants moving fast enough to catch fire
- Dodged a fire attack from Dabi
- Has kept up with Deku, who can dodge Bakugou’s nitroglycerin-like explosions (Mach 15.1)
- Can dodge Wolfram’s attacks
- Superior to Tokoyami, who can react quick enough to block Kaminari’s electricity (Mach 478 assuming comparability to natural lightning, though this is debatable)
- Produced his ice fast enough to protect Kirishima from an attack
- Comparable to Deku, who can dodge automatic fire
- Launched his ice quick enough to intercept Wolfram’s attack, which were moving at Mach 6.7
- Tanked several One For All-boosted attacks from Izuku.
- Survived a One For All-enhanced punch to the gut with no serious injuries.
- Survived Bakugo's Howitzer Impact.
- Kept fighting while sustaining several bleeding injuries.
- Can withstand the heat of his own flames
- Survived the explosion from from him and Deku’s clash (14.47 tons of TNT)
- Tanked a kick from Iida
- His ice was able to tank Chimera’s fire
- Tanked Gang Orca’s UltraSonic Wave Attacks. Gang Orca using the same attack was able to completely disperse Shoto and Inasa’s combined Wind Fire Attacks
- Was able to remain standing after being hit by the wind pressure from Chimera’s punch
- His ice was able to hold back a beam from Chimera for a couple of seconds
- Comparable to Deku and Bakugou, who both tanked a shockwave from a restrained All Might (6.38 kilotons of TNT)
- Was near a minefield explosion and was completely fine
- Fell from a cliffside to the ground and was fine
- Got slammed by Tetsutesu
- Tanked multiple hits from Tetsutetsu. Tetsutetsu is comparable to Kishirama, who could shatter blades
- Along with the rest of Class 1-A, fought earth beasts for 8 hours
- Roughly considered to be one of the most powerful students in UA, and comprises the unofficial “Big Three” of Class 1-A alongside Izuku and Bakugou
- Was enrolled in U.A. from official recommendation.
- Froze the inside of a building.
- Assisted in the defeat of the Artificial Human Noumu.
- Froze a giant robot solid.
- Defeated most of his tournament opponents without using his fire.
- By using his fire, defeated Izuku Midoriya.
- Easily beat Tenya Iida.
- Alongside Izuku and Iida, defeated the Hero Killer Stain.
- Defeated Aizawa, a Pro Hero, with Yaoyarozu.
- Came runner-up in the U.A. Sports Festival tournament, first by leading the winning team in the Cavalry Battle, and then defeating his classmates Hanta Sero, Izuku Midoriya and Tenya Iida before losing to Katsuki Bakugo in the finals
- Rescued Bakugo from the League of Villains.
- Defeated the villain Chimera, whom the other members of 1-A had extreme trouble with
- Damaged the 12th ranked hero, Gang Orca, albeit with the help of Inasa
- Defeated Seijin High.
- Defeated the villain Ending
- Drew against 1-B in the Third Round of the Joint Training Exercise
- Fought Tetsutetsu, one of the strongest 1-B Students
- Overusing one side of his Quirk without using the other side will cause his body temperature to either lower or rise to dangerous levels.
- Hesitant to use his fire powers, due to his bad relationship with Endeavor.
- Shoto's name contains the kanji for both "burning" and "freezing".