|Steven Grant Rogers|
|Age||Over 100 (Physically; Unknown)|
|Birthday||July 4, 1922|
|Height||6'2" / 188 cm|
|Weight||240 lbs / 109 kg|
Captain America is a World War II veteran and a successful test subject of the Super-Soldier Serum. After a mission to stop a plane-drone from dropping a bomb, he and his partner Bucky fell into the Arctic waters, Bucky presumed dead and Cap being frozen solid. Sixty years in the future he was discovered by the Avengers and broke out of his icy coffin. He slowly got used to his new environment and became the leader of the Avengers and America's symbol of justice.
Born July 4th in 1922, Steven Grant Rogers was the child of poor Irish immigrants, Sarah and Joseph Rogers. He had a frail youth, however, a strong sense of duty and honor. Soon, however, his father died and when he grew up to his teens, his mother died of pneumonia. When World War II broke out, Steve was alone. And seeing how the Nazis were destroying Europe made him feel like he needed to do something. When he tried to attend the military, though, he was rejected due to his frail body and sickly nature. Hearing about the boy's attempt, general Chester Phillips decided to talk to him about the experiment known as Project Rebirth.
Steve accepted the offer and after weeks of tests, he was finally administered with the Super-Soldier Serum. His body and mind grew much more powerful and he was deemed as successful. However, a Nazi spy killed the doctor responsible for the project, leaving Steve as the only Super-Soldier ever developed during World War II. He immediately began training, both physical and mental, as his mind was being filled with false information in case of being captured by the enemy. He was being stuffed with info such as him having a brother and it would take until much later in his life that he remembered the truth. He was given the legendary white, blue and red costume alongside the disc-shaped shield made of Vibranium. He soon met a friend, Bucky Barnes and the two became inseparable friends during the War. On their last mission, however, Bucky was presumed dead when the two tried to stop a bomb-armed plane drone. The two fell into the freezing Arctic waters and the Captain was frozen solid, due to the Super-Soldier Serum protecting his bodily fluids from crystallization.
Years and years later, Steve was discovered by the superhero team named Avengers. When they put him on a table, discussing what they should do with him, he bursted out of the block of ice. Confused and scared, he soon met Nick Fury, the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fury reminded Rogers of his WWII past and after some time of getting used to the modern times, he was accepted as the leader of the Avengers.
Powers & Abilities
- Super-Soldier Serum: The Super-Soldier Serum (SSS) metabolized and permanently enhanced all of Rogers' bodily functions to the peak of human efficiency, and is the most perfect human in existence. Dr. Abraham Erskine has stated Rogers' enhanced condition is "second to none," and described its potential as being "the next step in human evolution," while still remaining completely human, but often called the "perfect man."
- Artificially Enhanced Physiology: Rogers' enhanced physiology has no superhuman powers, although as a result of the Super-Soldier Serum, he was transformed from a frail young man into a "perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning. He is classified as enhanced human. He possesses powers superior to any Olympic-level athlete that has ever competed. Also, the Super-Soldier Serum physiology is definite, meaning that if Rogers choose to live an unhealthy lifestyle, none of his powers would weaken, and the Super-Soldier Serum in his bloodstream will keep him in top physical form. Dr. Keith Kincaid theorized that as long as some of the serum remains in Rogers' body, it would be able to reproduce itself and sustain Rogers' powers.
- Peak Human Strength: Rogers' physical strength is enhanced to the very peak of human potential, making him consistently able to sustain lifts 800 lbs (363 kg), and bench pressing 1,100 pounds (500 kg) as a warm-up.
- Peak Human Speed: Rogers can move at speeds equal to that of the absolute finest human athlete, being capable of running at a sustained 30 mph (48 kph); He was able to complete a 40-yard dash in 3.82 seconds, or a mile "in just over a minute."
- Peak Human Durability: Rogers' durability is amplified to the highest human potential making him very durable. This has allowed him to survive many forms of extensive punishment throughout his career that would injure an ordinary human.
- Peak Human Agility: Rogers' agility is amplified to the highest human potential.
- Peak Human Reflexes: Rogers' reflexes are amplified to the highest human potential, and he is said to have a reaction time ten times faster than a normal person. He has been shown to dodge gunfire from multiple shooters simultaneously.
- Peak Human Stamina: Rogers' body automatically eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing chemicals in his muscles; giving him exceptional endurance. He could also resist the freezing cold waters of the Arctic, as not only did he survive being frozen for decades, he also spent time searching for D-Man.
- Peak Healing Recovery: Rogers' healing speed and efficiency is enhanced peak ability, meaning he heals faster than the average person. The white blood cells and Super-Soldier Serum in his body are efficient enough to fight off most microbe, foreign body, and other pathogens from his body, giving him a high immunity to all infections and diseases. Rogers has stated his metabolism is too fast for alcohol. He is also more resistant to knockout and hypnotic suggestion, though is not immune.
- Peak Human Mental Processing: Rogers' mental performance is greatly enhanced allowing it to operate in the most advanced and rapid manner possible. His mind also processes information quickly, giving him an accelerated learning aptitude; for example, Beast once stated that Rogers can learn and master any weapon within seconds. He possesses an eidetic/photographic memory and perfect recall, meaning he never forgets what he sees and experiences, paired with the ability to speed read, and can thereby intuitively understand what's likely going to happen and how best to deal with it. This enables him to remember any military tactic and apply it to any situation.
- Peak Human Senses: Rogers' senses of sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch are enhanced to the highest limits of human potential.
- Advanced Longevity: The Super-Soldier Serum halts Rogers' aging due to perfect cells. This was tested when he spent many decades in Earth-69901 and its numerous divergent realities while fighting against Korvac's galactic empire, repeatedly dying and having time rewound, before ultimately being returned to his own time, as well as spending twelve years in Dimension Z, before being returned to Earth the same day with no noticeable signs of aging.
- Master Tactician and Strategist: Rogers is a master accomplished strategist. He has been widely known as one of the greatest tacticians on the planet, both on and off the battlefield. He is able to formulate battle strategies and his brilliant tactical sense allows him to alter any strategy to fit the changing need of the situation. Thor has acknowledged Rogers' tactical prowess and stated that he would follow him "through the gates of Hades." His tactical plan to rescue Namor from the Kree with the Invaders succeeded despite the Supreme Intelligence's mission. He also led the Galactic Council's fleets when they were defeated by the Builders, and planned a retaliation against the Builders, which resulted in the successful liberation of the Avengers.
- Master Martial Artist: Rogers is a master of hand-to-hand combat, being extremely skilled in numerous martial arts through his training in the military and direction under various private instructors. Additionally, he received training from William Fairbairn and Rex Applegate in close-quarters combat during WWII. Rogers has stated that he is adept at every form of hand-to-hand combat known to man. He utilizes boxing, Judo, Defendu, kickboxing, Jujutsu, Tōde, Aikido, Karate, and various other forms of unarmed combat disciplines, with his gymnastics ability creating a style that suits his strengths and enables him to use his knowledge to the best of his ability. When fighting, Rogers has the ability to use pressure points to subdue his opponents, as was done to Dr.Malus, Professor Hulk, or werewolf Falcon. He is one of the finest martial artists, and ultimate human combatant on Earth, which allows him to occasionally defeat foes who are masters of multiple forms or all forms of combat, such as Taskmaster, Wolverine, Iron Fist, Deadpool, or Red Skull. He also defeated a large group of Super-Soldiers while depowered and then defeated many more when his powers were restored, as well as overpowered a boxer augmented by Power Broker, Inc. using nothing but his boxing skills. Rogers trained Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Falcon, Wonder Man, etc in hand-to-hand combat.
- Master Shield Fighter: Rogers' years of training and experience with his unique shield, as well as its physical properties, allowing him to accomplish amazing feats with the item. Aside from bashing foes and blocking incoming attacks, he is able to throw it with nearly perfect aim, being able to estimate its hit and rebound down to millimetre. Rogers can hit multiple targets with the same throw by means of ricochet, and could even achieve a boomerang-like return effect, allowing him to strike enemies from behind or retrieve the shield without objects to ricochet from.
- Advanced Military Operator
- Master Acrobat: Rogers' years of extensive training and vast experience have made him a highly skilled acrobat, gymnast, and aerialist. He often utilizes these talents in combat for both evasive and offensive purposes.
- Indomitable Will: Rogers is a very strong-willed person. He is able to overcome all forms of temptation, mind control, and resist the effects of extreme pain, drugs, and toxins to a great extent. Rogers accepts his own mortality, and refuses to rob any sapient being of their freedom. During the Destiny War, he destroyed the Forever Crystal, deciding it was too dangerous to exist, despite the many benefits of its power. Rogers is also capable of resisting many forms of mind control; like the powers of the Purple Man, the maddening effects of the Madbomb, and the Red Skull's use of the telepathic brain of Charles Xavier, but fought constantly to maintain his true senses.
- Professional Sketch Artist: Rogers has great artistic skill which he developed from childhood. Rogers often worked as a freelance illustrator and sketch artist even loaning his skills to the NYPD for a time. He enjoys drawing and does so with his free time. He has even done some pencil work for Marvel Comics where he drew some of his own adventures for them, as he is listed as the penciler for Marvels Comics: Captain America #1.
- Expert Marksman: Rogers is a highly proficient marksman and can throw most projectile weaponry with great aim. He is also well-versed in the use of firearms, though he prefers not to use them.
- Expert Swordsman: Steve is proficient with swords and staffs, but is more comfortable with his shield.
- Weapons Proficiency: Rogers does not typically utilize weapons other than his shield, but in desperate situations he wields additional weapons to ensure victory. He is proficient in wielding swords, daggers, throwing knifes, staffs, sticks, tonfa, axes, maces and even firearms.
- Expert Hacker: Rogers can hack into any advanced computer systems without tippling firewalls and security.
- Multilingual: Rogers is fluent in English, Spanish, Japanese, German, Russian, at least some French, and some Italian. He might be lingual in other languages.
- Expert Vehicular Driver: Rogers is highly proficient in driving cars, motorcycles, trucks, jets, tankers, helicopters, motorboats, submarines, and some types of trains and utility vehicles.
- Captain America's Uniform: His uniform is designed to protect Rogers from damage in case his shield fails to do so. It is both fire and bulletproof, therefore cannot be cut by ordinary sharp materials such as wood, iron or glass. It has a voice-controlled communicator in the left ear with its frequencies blocked, as well as a universal translator built by Hank Pym.
- Utility Belt: Rogers wears a utility belt containing mission-specific equipment such as a first aid kit (containing tweezers, antiseptic gel coated band aids, bone and muscle pain reliever spray cans and antidotes for some toxins.), military cable, smoke grenades, lock picks, grenades, and several other materials.
- Cap's Shield: Captain America's primary weapon is his shield, a concave disk that is 2.5 feet in diameter, weighing 12 pounds. It is made of a unique Vibranium and Proto-Adamantium steel alloy that has never been duplicated. The Shield was cast by American metallurgist Dr. Myron MacLain, who was contracted by the U.S. government to create an impenetrable substance to use for tanks during World War II. During his experiments, MacLain infused Proto-Adamantium with Vibranium steel alloy and created the disc-shaped shield. MacLain was never able to duplicate the process due to his inability to identify a still unknown catalyst that played a role in the metal bonding. The shield was awarded to Captain America by the government several months after the beginning of his career. The shield has great aerodynamic properties: it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its great overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric stiffness, enables it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum. It is virtually indestructible: it is resistant to penetration, temperature extremes, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum of radiation. The only way it can be damaged in any way is by tampering with its molecular bonding. For example, the shield has only ever been damaged or destroyed five times by Thor wielding the Odin-Force, Doctor Doom with the powers he stole from the Beyonder, Thanos with the power of the Infinity Gauntlet, Molecule Man and his total control over matter, and the Serpent after augmenting his strength with the fear of people from all over the world.
- Energy Shield: A photonic shield able to redirect kinetic energy, emit energy blasts, and morph into a staff.
- Wakandan Shields: In Infinity War, Steve Rogers used two vibranium shields mounted on his forearms, whose manufacture was ordered by Black Panther himself. Besides being used for defense, it can be partially extended and used for attack.
- Pistol: Cap carried a M1911 Colt Pistol, which was the standard issue Army sidearm during World War II.
- Enemy Assault Rifle: Cap made use of an enemy assault rifle while defending the helicarrier.
- Motorcycle: Rogers rides a specially designed, high-tech 1940's Harley Davidson motorcycle during World War II. It is not known who made the motorcycle but it can be speculated to be Howard Stark. The motorcycle had dual front-mounted cannons, grappling lines, flamethrower in the rear, a side carrier for a standard issue rifle, and Rogers usually placed his shield on the handle bars to protect him from on coming artillery.
- Threw the mutant Big Bertha, who weighs 750 kilograms.
- Held up a collapsing skyscraper, twice.
- Pulled a mini-helicopter out of the air.
- Snapped a man's neck and made it turn 180 degrees with a single punch.
- Beat Nuke, who could tank gunfire and grenades, to a bloody pulp.
- Brought down reinforced steel doors while injured from being shot.
- As a rocket was about to launch, pushed the machinery responsible for opening the hatch and prevented it from opening.
- Threw an anchor into a runaway speedboat.
- Broke a statue made of stone with the chains that made him stuck to it.
- Lifts 1100 pounds (500 kilograms) as ordinary training.
- Restrained Wolverine.
- Threw a bike with enough force to crush a truck's engine.
- Ripped a tree out of the ground and picked it up.
- Can easily push a Bulldozer across a football field in less than 15 seconds.
- Shattered a wall with his punches.
- Can break a mini-submarine's window while underwater.
- Pushed a Nazi in a power armor and threw him off of his feet.
- Broke out of a S.H.I.E.L.D. containment device.
- Can throw people many feet in the air with one hand and once threw a man out of water while he was in it himself.
- Knocked down a heavily armored soldier by throwing his shield.
- Can send people flying with his kicks and shield bashes.
- Threw Ultron into a pillar, shattering a good portion of it.
- Threw two agents through a wall.
- Was stronger than the pull of an electromagnetic handcuff.
- Casually lifted a motorcycle with three women on it.
- Can throw his shield well enough for it to catch up, outspeed and cut through an ICB Missile, which travels from 13 to 15 thousand miles per hour.
- Caught a torpedo with his bare hands
- Threw The Hulk off his feet
- Stalemated Batman in the JLA/Avengers crossover.
- A casual bullet timer.
- Can dodge bullets from multiple angles at once.
- Tagged a being with Quicksilver's speed.
- An Atlantean couldn't keep up with him.
- Blocked point-blank gunfire with his shield.
- After he's been surrounded and attacked with a flamethrower, jumped out of the circle and his opponents didn't even notice.
- Outran Diamondback.
- Dodged close-range energy rays from Crossbones.
- Landed on a moving plane after being punched into the sky.
- Blocked bullets, which were already fired, by throwing his shield.
- Blitzed a group of thugs.
- Dodged blasts of Ultron.
- Caught up to a mini-submarine by swimming.
- Kept up with Daredevil. DD himself admitted that Rogers is faster than he is.
- Blocked a punch from another superhuman from behind.
- Can dodge lasers, even in Zero G.
- Dodged explosions of tripwires after he already stepped on them.
- Can run 60 miles per hour (96.6 kmh).
- Held on after being blasted with a helicarrier engine.
- Took on an army after carving a hole in his chest.
- Doesn't flinch when he fell from a plane with enough force to crush a car.
- Tanked a point-blank explosion from Gambit.
- Took a hit from Namor hitting him with his own shield.
- A doctor said he had no broken bones after being beaten by Red Skull in a mech and having a building collapse on top of him.
- Survived a plane crash without his shield.
- Took a beating from Iron Man.
- Was completely fine after being shot seven times in one arm without his suit.
- Got blasted off by a grenade explosion and flew through a bus, although he had his shield to protect him from the direct blast.
- Survived being frozen in ice for 70 years
- Drops from airplanes at cruising altitude into water without a parachute no problem
- A WWII veteran.
- Messed with HYDRA's plans on multiple occasions.
- Has stopped multiple alien invasions.
- Was one of the main reasons of the Nazi's defeat during WWII.
- Stalemated Black Panther's father, T'Chaka back during WWII.
- Defeated Beast in combat.
- Reliant on his shield: If someone was to get rid of it, he could be defeated by an opponent of similar strength and skill, which can be easily done, as his only method of ranged attacks if throwing it.
- Shield CAN still be destroyed: Although it could only be done by cosmic beings and gods
- Uniform has unarmored spots, such as his chin, mouth and eyes
- Outdated: Steven Rogers has a limited knowledge of the decades during his frozen imprisonment. This limitation manifests most frequently in his confusion when people use expressions and references that he has no knowledge of. His understanding of technological advances is similarly impaired, and although given his intelligence and enhanced mental faculties it has allowed him to quickly come to terms with various advancements, it can be assumed that he lacks many basic skills associated with the modern world. He noticeably gravitated towards technology that has remained relatively unchanged from early 20th Century developments, although he has mentioned being fond of the internet, calling it quite useful for catching up. To catch up with the times, Steven has watched historical archived videos. His biggest quirk is the usage of Popular Culture references since the decades he has been frozen.
- Captain America was born on the 4th of July, the American Independence Day.
- Captain America has picked up Mjolnir.
- In the Marvel vs DC event, was merged with Superman to become Super-Soldier.
- Captain America won the gold medal in an art contest as a teenager
- Captain America was once mutated into "Spider-King"