|“||You go near my father, you die.||„|
Broly is a major anti-hero in the Dragon Ball series, and the misguided antagonist of Dragon Ball Super: Broly.
Born in Age 732, Broly was an outcast Saiyan sent to the distant planet Vampa by King Vegeta due to his immense power as a child. He was later found by the Frieza force and made to join them in order to fight Goku and Vegeta.
Powers & Abilities
- Super Strength, Speed & Durability
- Ki Manipulation: Like most Saiyan's, Broly can harness Ki (Or ones inner life-force), as an energy to either increase his physicality, or fire it from his body in the form of lasers.
- Flight: The ability to fly through the use of ki.
- Ki Techniques:
- Gigantic Full Blast: The user starts by charging an energy sphere in their hand(s). Then, they draw their hand(s) forward and fire the energy sphere in the form of an energy wave at the opponent, inflicting a great amount of damage.
- Eraser Blow: Broly throws a green orb diagonally upward. If the orb hits the opponent before it is released, the move becomes a rush attack, where the opponent is sent flying and Broly follows up with a vanishing axe-handle punch. The rush variant causes a sliding knockdown, and is a side-switch. The projectile cannot be super dashed through.
- Eraser Shot Volley: First, Broly bends over slightly and charges an Eraser Cannon in his right hand. Then, he fires the attack and follows up by firing a barrage of Eraser Cannons from both hands at the opponent, inflicting a huge amount of damage.
- Wrathful Charge: Broly charges at his opponent and hits them with a point-blank Eraser Cannon from the chest.
- Gigantic Charge: Broly charges at the opponent like a normal Dashing Punch, but now with an intense green aura around him. If chargeable to the max, it can easily break the opponent's stamina.
- Trap Shooter: Broly draws his right hand back and charges a green or yellow energy sphere. Then, they wave their hand forward and fire several, compact, powerful energy sphere bullets that follow the opponent's movements, inflicting considerable damage.
- Gigantic Cluster: Broly draws his right hand back and charges a green or yellow energy sphere. Then, they wave their hand forward and fire several, compact, powerful energy sphere bullets that follow the opponent's movements, inflicting considerable damage.
- Planet Crusher: Broly raises his hands into the air and charges his energy to form a large energy sphere. He then throws the ball at the opponent, inflicting a massive amount of damage.
- Seismic Power: After transforming into a Legendary Super Saiyan, Broly powers up to such a degree that his screams and laughter cause an earthquake as well as a thunderstorm to appear.
- Gigantic Breath: First, Broly opens his mouth and charges a green energy sphere. Then, he fires the energy sphere from his mouth in the form of an energy wave at the opponent.
- Gigantic Catastrophe: Broly fires a mouth energy wave and then several, compact, powerful energy sphere bullets from his left hand. Finally, Broly charges and fires a huge energy wave at the opponent.
- Eraser Cannon: First, Broly charges green light energy from around his body and gathers it into his palm to form a bright-green energy sphere. Next, he waves his hand forward and fires the attack at the opponent, inflicting a large amount of damage. He also fires it from his chest.
- Gigantic Roar: Broly fires a giant laser from his mouth that will obliterate anything in it's path.
- Blaster Meteor: First, the user forms an Energy Shield around his body. Then, he brings his hands apart to each side and releases many powerful energy blasts that home in on the target, inflicting a massive amount of damage.
- Gigantic Omegastorm: First, Broly charges a green ball of ki in front of him. He then unleashes the attack as a powerful green energy wave.
- Omega Blaster: Broly fires a small ki bolt that will rapidly grow in size and consume entire worlds.
- Regeneration: He was able to survive numerous physical attacks that would normally kill a Saiyan like himself.
- Heat Resistance: During his battle with Goku, he was shown to be able to fly through lava unabated, as his energy acted as a barrier against this lava.
- Mimicry: The coveted ability to copy another fighter's technique after seeing it used only once. While under the effects of Goku's God Bind, Broly was able to backfire this technique on Goku by overflowing his own ki into it.
- Adaptive Martial Arts: Having start off by being trained by his father Paragus, Broly has had little combat experience. Although limited at first, he's capable of keeping up with and adapting to professional combatants, like Goku and Vegeta. Even going so far to impress the likes of Frieza and Vegeta.
- Wild Sense Afterimages
- Rage Power: While most Saiyan's get strong after they almost die, Broly's strength is tied to his emotions, the angrier he gets, the stronger he becomes.
- Saiyan Power: A genetic trait that continually lets a Saiyan increase in raw might and general performance against adversity, either by recovering from great injuries or enduring great struggle in battle. Broly's Saiyan Power is considerably more advanced compared to normal Saiyans as Vegeta notes that Broly was showing such sudden development as he continued to fight, as well as Goku noting in a terrified manner that Broly was getting stronger after ascending into his Super Saiyan form.
When looking at a full moon or absorbing enough Blutz Waves, Broly can enter this form. In it, his power grows 10 fold, but also robs him of his rationality and replaces it with primal rage towards all around him. He first uses this form when he landed on Vampa, which he used to slaughter countless inhabiting creatures. However, he loses access to this form as Paragus removed his tail by the time he was an adult. Great Ape Broly is briefly seen when Paragus explains to Frieza why Broly doesn't have a tail.
Broly possesses a Wrath State form. In this state, he possesses small eyes with yellow-iris and black pupils, and his hair stands up akin to Super Saiyan. This state also possesses a green aura and can also generate yellow bio-electricity. As Broly continues to draw upon more anger and energy, his body and muscles expand somewhat. Paragus deduced that this state is the utilization of a Great Ape's power in base form, gaining its raw physical power and resilience with no loss in agility or general efficiency in battle. However, similar to an actual Great Ape, Broly has difficulty controlling himself in it, quickly losing himself to the build-up of his rage. Using this form also hurts Broly due to the constant eruption of his power, with the growls he lets forth in this form being due to pain rather than fighting spirit
Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan C-Type
Broly first obtained this form after seeing his father dead (which was discreetly done by Frieza to provoke Broly). Broly is known as Chou Broly ( or Ultra Broly, or Super Broly) while in this state. In this form, his hair turns golden and stands up with no loose strands. When used whilst having already been in his Wrath State, he grows considerably taller, and likewise, his muscle mass greatly expands. One notable change is that his pupils are gone as he is berserk in this form. The form also sports a vibrant green aura instead of the usual golden Super Saiyan aura. Broly can maintain this form for a long time, as he battled Frieza for at least an hour using it before going on to fight Gogeta. The novel notes that Broly's stamina appears to be limitless
Super Saiyan B-Type/Legendary Super Saiyan
Broly is capable of transforming into a Legendary Super Saiyan. In this form, he is referred to as Super Saiyan Broly (Full Power). In this form, Broly grows even more massive any previously, towering at 3 meters (9.84252 ft). His hair color turns greenish-yellow hair arranged in thinner strands than they are in his normal Super Saiyan form. In the novel, it is shown that when Broly is damaged enough in this form he will revert to Super Saiyan C-type. In this form, Broly's power is so massive that he needs to constantly let it out or else he'll self-destruct.
- Attack Ball: A spaceship used for interstellar travel.
- Broly Control Mechanism: A device that stops Broly when he goes berserk. It is connected to Paragus' belt. It generates a high voltage shock that stops Broly when he loses control.
- Capsule House: A type of house that can be put away and carried around in a capsule.
- Senzu Bean: Mystical beans with immense rejuvenation properties.
- He's easily among the strongest foes Goku's ever gone up against. That includes Jiren, who is capable of shaking an infinite void just by powering up, or Future Zamasu, who merged with the universe and affected alternate timelines.
- Goku theorized that his power may surpass even Lord Beerus’
- Easily adapted to and matched Vegeta in combat, even when he went Super Saiyan
- Transformation from Base form to Wrathful form takes place underwater and causes the cold water to boil, turns the sea into a tumultuous whirlpool, and brings about a massive plume of water, pushing both Goku and Vegeta back with a burst of force.
- Easily carved away multiple small mountains and one large one with a massive energy blast before exploding in the sky
- Punched Super Saiyan God Vegeta through a mountain while in his Wrathful form
- Blew off the top of this mountain with his aura
- Matched Super Saiyan Goku in combat
- Pulled a reverse Uno card on Goku’s God Ki when the latter was trying to stop him.
- Nullified Super Saiyan God Goku’s energy blast effortlessly
- Completely manhandled Goku, even in his Super Saiyan God form
- Destroyed an entire Arctic area
- Met Super Saiyan Blue Goku’s punch with his own, creating a huge explosion
- Easily overpowered Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta at the same time
- Broly's aura immediately after going Super Saiyan is enough to destroy mountains and carve a huge rift in the ground
- Overpowered a combined Kamehameha and Galick Gun attack with one energy ball
- Gave a beating to Frieza even in his Golden form for an hour.
- A single clash between him and Goku triggers a massive explosion
- In his fight with Gogeta, their combined power output was so high they literally forced themselves into another dimension (Specifically, when Gogeta's Kamehameha and Broly's Gigantic Omegastorm collided, they shattered reality, they did it multiple times over and over when there punches collided).
- This is supported by the novel, where it is mentioned that “The boundary of the dimension could not withstand the energy released by them and got torn apart.”
- His destructive power is stated to be greater than a God of Destruction’s
- Shattered walls between multiple realities
- His power is stated to be maximum, or even unmeasurable at this point
- Kept up with both base and Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta
- Much, much faster than characters who can dodge BoZ Piccolo’s Ki blasts, which can reach the moon in seconds
- Appeared as a blur in his fight against Goku and Vegeta
- Dodged Goku's Kamehameha after it was fired
- Caught up to Goku after blasting him in order to hit him again
- Flew in front of Vegeta before he could fly away
- Maneuvered in between a ki blast shower
- Kept pace against Gogeta and both were able to move fast enough to appear as if they were teleporting
- Should be superior to Battle of Gods Goku, who kept up with Beerus, who is capable of universe crossing (375 quadrillion times the speed of light)
- Should scale far above the shockwaves occurred during Goku and Beerus’ clash, which traveled throughout all of Universe 7 and reached the Kai Realm (410.5 quadrillion-5.75 quintillion c)
- Survived Planet Vegeta's destruction as an infant
- Busted through several mountains after getting punched by Super Saiyan God Vegeta
- Completely no-sold one later in his Wrathful state
- Got thrown to the ground hard enough to cause an earthquake
- Got tackled into a magma chamber
- Can withstand fighting in lava
- Withstood a combined assault from Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta
- Managed to survive an onslaught of attacks from Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta, without any visible damage
- Took his own Ki blast reflected back at him while as the Legendary Super Saiyan
- Took a Ki nuke by Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta
- Fought continuously for over 2 hours
- As a child, his power level was ranked among the highest out of all Saiyans (level; 10,000, enough to survive a planetary explosion)
- Fought and defeated Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, as well as Golden Frieza
- Spent several decades training under his father on Vampa
- Fought on par with Super Saiyan Gogeta, though later would end up losing to Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta
- Defeated Son Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Piccolo
- Can't control his own power or emotions.
- Results in him expending his ki at a rapid pace, and while he does have an extremely large pool to take from, he could potentially exhaust it all in a prolonged skirmish.
- Has little combat experience
- The immense amount of power his body possess can cause him great pain
- In his Wrath State, Broly is wide open against an opponent who's just as strong but far more skilled.
- After taking enough damage, his rage will hit its limits and his power will fizzle out quick.
- Can even get knocked into weaker forms.
- Like his non-canon, Broly is the full blooded Saiyan who lacks a tail.