|Age||Unknown (Current Comics)|
30-37 (Young Justice)
55 (The Dark Knight Returns)
26 (The Batman)
29-38 (The Dark Knight Trilogy)
|Height||6'2" (188 cm)|
|Weight||210 lbs (95 kg)|
Bruce Wayne, better known as Batman, is a billionaire superhero from DC Comics. He is known for his lack of superpowers and being a founding member of the Justice League.
The young Bruce Wayne was once an ordinary child from an incredibly wealthy family. However, his entire life changed forever after his parents got killed in a back alley by a mugger. From that moment forward, Bruce swore he would not let anyone experience the same tragedy that he did. Using his the money inherited from his parents, Bruce trained his body to its physical peak and became a master in the art of combat, along with designing a series of gadgets and other devices that would help him fight crime. Wearing a suit patterned after a bat, Bruce set out to strike fear into the hearts of criminals in his home of Gotham City. He had become the Batman.
Powers & Abilities
- Genius Intellect: Bruce is easily one of the most intelligent beings in the DC Universe. He is a polymath capable of mastering 20 degrees in little time. Possesses a photographic memory. He can develop all sorts of weapons and gadgets, which range from his Batsuit, to viruses capable of taking powers away from metahumans and other superpowered beings. His detective skills are completely unmatched, and he can beat most foes just by outsmarting them.
- Master Martial Artist: Batman has mastered every single martial art in the world, and by combining them all, he has created a completely unpredictable fighting style. Batman is known as one of the finest martial artists in the world. In turn, he has also been able to pass on his learnings to his proteges. Batwoman was able to identify at least fourteen different styles of martial arts from watching Batman fight. Bruce even learned a technique called "language of combat," wherein he can communicate with others while fighting. Batman has beaten many of the world's most skilled martial artists; such as Red Robin, Ra's al Ghul, Orphan, KGBeast, Bane, Red Hood, Merlyn, the Talon, Nobody, Grifter, Frankenstein, Deathstroke, Cheshire, and The Batman Who Laughs. His skills are so great that he has stalemated the likes of Savior, Bronze Tiger, the Silencer, Snake-Eyes, Ghost-Maker and even Lady Shiva. When around the beginning of his crime-fighting career, Batman managed to hold his own against Princess Vik. Considering she was faster than him and angry at the time, while being discomforted with a hollow point bullet, in his arm. Even while blind, he defeated the Arkham Knight in battle and held off a horde of Jokerized Zombies. He's capable of going so far as to fighting against multiple Talons, while still in a wounded state and without any gear. Bruce may not look it, but he's one of the most experienced fighters on the planet. Due to him fighting an endless war against an army of demons in another realm, alongside Wonder Woman for 37 years. Thanks to his years of martial arts training, Bruce can identify the martial art that his opponent uses against him and counter nearly any opponent. According to Superman, he has seen Batman take on whole armies by himself. He also stated that Bruce's fighting style is indistinguishable from his pre-Flashpoint self. Deathstroke acknowledges that Batman can kill him, but Bruce doesn't want too cause Slade claims he won't risk it. Even without any memory, Bruce has been forced to fight, die and survive an infinite loop of battles, besting all kinds opponents across the omniverse, even against those with unique and unparalleled skill sets; thus possessing incredible muscle memory, combat skill and making him a very experienced combatant.
- Weapon Proficiency: Capable of mastering all sorts of weapons.
- Peak Human Physicality/Condition: Batman has dedicated his life to be as close to human perfection both physically and mentally. Through intense training, a specialized diet and biofeedback treatments, Batman represents the natural pinnacle of human physical prowess. A doctor once commented that he is in the "perfect physical health." His physical attributes exceeded that of almost any Olympic level athlete. His strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes, endurance, balance and coordination are in peak human perfection. Ever since he was 11, Batman began his physical and mental conditioning, and followed by intense physical training and weight lifting at age 12. He had mastered full body control by the time he was 18. Bruce Wayne, since his childhood, has followed a strict diet to enable his body to develop and operate at its most proficient, along with biofeedback treatments (using portable/non portable machines to stimulate muscles to contraction). Batman has performed amazing physical feats due to his pinnacle physique. He engages in an intensive regular regimen of rigorous exercise (including aerobics, weight lifting, gymnastics and simulated combat) to keep himself in peak condition, and has often defeated opponents whose size, strength, or other powers greatly exceeded his own as for example, he defeated the Bat-Bane in armed combat. According to Nightwing, he has defined Batman as a master of the human condition.
- Peak Human Strength: Batman regularly bench-presses at least 1,000 lbs. during his exercise routine. This allows him to be capable of doing amazing feats such as punching a SWAT officer through a brick wall. He's able to break steel handcuffs, and bend prison bars with his bare hands. Bruce once knocked out a thug and disarmed another thug with Chinese Coins. Capable of knocking out a hired sniper assassin with a golf stroke. He even managed to break the tail rotor of a helicopter, with the use of a small dagger. He once pulled the maximum weight of 300 lbs scale bar behind him with all his effort, using one arm. When it comes to Batman's strength, he usually holds back most of the time, choosing to limit his real power. Only in specific circumstances when the situation is dire and demands more from him, he reveals the true labor of his potential. While nearly depleted, Batman managed to deliver at least three blows on Bane while he was using Venom, that managed to shock and stagger Bane a little bit. When it comes Batman's strength according to Deathstroke, Bruce's blows would have a lasting effect on him even after Slade's wounds heal.
- Peak Human Reflexes: Bruce's reflexes were honed to such a degree that he has caught one of Green Arrow's arrows in mid flight when he tried to shoot him. He is able to dodge gunfires at close range.
- Peak Human Speed: He can run and move at speeds comparable to the finest competing athletes. He has shown enough speed to catch up to speeding cars while running. Bruce is so fast he was capable of tagging a young Wally West and even capable of grabbing the new 2nd Kid Flash. Batman was even fast enough to escape from the Flash's grasp in a building, after having a head start leaving a crime scene. Bruce's so quick, that he can change into his Batsuit uniform, before Jay Garrick could finish a sentence.
- Peak Human Endurance: His endurance is comparable to that of the finest Olympic Decathlon participant. His lung capacity is so great that he could hold his breath underwater for 3 minutes and 15 seconds. He can survive in the airless vacuum of space for exactly 27 seconds. He continued to function after a gunshot that injured one of his legs without feeling any pain. He can go up to 80 hours without sleep. Even while on the cusp of exhaustion, Batman managed to deliver at least three blows on Bane that actually took him back a little bit, before he shortly succumb to defeat by the Madman. Batman has revealed that he fought and endured months of non-stop fighting, while suffering multiple injuries without sleep and rest. He even underwent the Thogal Ritual that lasted for 7 weeks, without food and water.
- Peak Human Stamina: At peak capacity, Batman can physically exert himself for approximately an hour before the build up of fatigue toxins began to impair him.
- Peak Human Agility: His agility exceeded than that of a Chinese acrobat and an Olympic gymnast. His main phase of movement was Parkour which he learned in France and used to scale the city's rooftops or on widow buildings in an acrobatic manner.
- Peak Human Balance: His balance and dexterity is at the peak of human perfection. He has been shown to perform feats greater than those of skilled athletes.
- Peak Human Senses: Bruce has trained with injuries and while blindfolded. Batman senses are so attune, that he trained Nightwing to traverse around areas while blind. Bruce also trained Spoiler to swing around blindfolded, too. He even managed to beat Wildcat, when they were both had no sight to work with.
- Toxic Immunity; Bruce has acclimated himself to most toxins and poisons.
- Stealth: His Ninjutsu training has made him a master at stealth and capable of breaching high security facilities without being detected.
- Escapology Master: He has been described as second only to Mister Miracle as an escape artist. He has been seen escaping from a Posey straitjacket in less than 52 seconds, and remarked afterwards that the time was way too slow for his usual standards.
- Willpower/Telepathy Resistance: Batman has been shown to have a strong willpower when it comes to his physiology and has shown to be a powerful resistor to mind control and telepathy.
- Computer Hacking: Bruce was able to hack and record the mobile frequency of the Suicide Squad members' brain bombs and deactivate them.
- Disguise: Bruce is a master of disguise having been trained by Alfred. He was even able to impersonate Deathstroke.
- Eidetic Memory: Bruce knows the Memory Palace Technique, Ra's taught him how to utilize his memories to treat and store them as a museum.
- Business Management
- Forensic Pathology
- Intimidation: Batman is able to instill great fear into others. His ability to do this was so great, he was capable of wielding a Yellow Power Ring. Sinestro even stated that he considered Batman a worthy member of the Sinestro Corps.
- Investigation: Hailed as the World's Greatest Detective, Batman has few equals when it comes to forensic investigations and solving crime mysteries. He is able to use even the smallest clues and slightest details to solve extremely difficult cases and accurately deduce the identity of unknown criminal masterminds. He is capable of observation, forensic investigation, and inductive and deductive reasoning of the highest caliber. Human intuition is an unlearnable trait and one of Batman's most effective tools. Given any mystery, he can arrive at the correct conclusions with a fraction of the data. As a child, Bruce began his first investigation when trying to solve the murder behind his parents and that it was the The Court of Owls, who were responsible. What was thought to be a failure, his deduction of discovering the The Court of Owls' meeting location, turned out to be true. The truest testament to Batman's knowledge and effectiveness as a detective, is that he had learned the Joker's true identity, just one week after they first met.
- Lock Picking: Bruce learned how to pick a lock when he was in grade school. He can pick a handcuff locks in a few seconds, and can even pick a lock with his mouth.
- Medical Science
- Multilingualism: Batman is fluent in Portuguese, Dhari, Latin, Chinese, Greek, Icelandic, French, Gaelic, and Kryptonese. He can also understand American sign language and Argot of the Ancient Sea People.
- Batsuit: The batsuit Batman wears is composed of Kevlar and a small percentage of titanium; it's bullet-proof and resistant to various types of attack (explosions, impacts, falls, among others). It is also flame-retardant and insulated. The gloves and the boots are reinforced to rebound the impact of punches and kicks. The gloves have some metallic blades on their sides. The cape is super-light and it can be used to glide. The mask has a small percentage of lead, which shields Batman's face from X-ray powers or X-ray technology, and incorporates an infrared and night vision viewer, auditory sensors and a sonar. The mask is accessorized with some security systems (aggravating gas, electric blasts, etc.) like the utility belt, and also integrates an audio and video transmitter receiver device.
- Utility Belt: His Utility Belt is full of all his weapons and tools for any occasion.
- Batarangs: Bat-shaped projectiles that are thrown with extreme precision. Batman also uses some variations, like:
- Explosive Batarangs: Explode on contact.
- Electric Batarangs: Shock opponents upon contact.
- Thermal Batarangs: Can harden Clayface down to his core.
- Ensnaring Batarangs: Used for tying up enemies.
- Cryo Batarangs: Used for freezing enemies solid.
- Magnetic Batarangs: Attracts metal objects.
- Nth Metal Batarangs: Also attracts metalobjects, but with extra power.
- Acid Batarangs: Burns the opponent.
- Remote Controlled Batarangs: Can be controlled after being fired.
- Grapple Gun: Batman's main form of maneuvering along buildings. He can use it to latch onto opponents.
- Cryptographic Sequencer: A device that can hack into computers and radio frequencies.
- Bolas: After being fired from a pistol, they trap the enemy with ropes. There exists a variation that delivers electric shocks.
- Smoke Pellets: Batman uses them to overwhelm the opponent with white smoke.
- Gas Pellets: These pellets emit a non-deadly gas that can incapacitate normal humans.
- Pellet Grenades: Small explosives capable of breaing down walls.
- Explosive Gel: Gel that can be stuck to someone/something until Batman detonates it.
- Thermite Grenades: A device used to burn through obstacles.
- Remote Electric Charge: Can be shot to overload electric devices, and electrocute and damage opponents. Not to be confused with the EMP, which is only used for disabling.
- EMP Grenade: A small grenade which, once detonated, destroys all electronics in a seven foot radius. However, Batman has an EMP within his utility belt capable of spreading across Arkham Asylum.
- Shock Gloves: His shock gloves can release an electric charge powerful enough to penetrate kevlar, and even stopped the heart of Batman's most powerful physical villian: Bane? (But he restarted it because he doesn't like to kill people)
- Nerve-Killing Gloves: Gauntles that can disable the target's nerves.
- Bat Beacon: Can attract a horde of bats into Batman's location at once to overwhelm the foe with sounds of bat screeches, or even attack enemies. He uses it by stomping on it, as it is built into the heel of his boot.
- Sonic Gun: A gun that emits soundwaves. It is mainly used to direct the bats summmoned by the Bat Beacon.
- Sonic Devastator: Emits a screeching sound that can shatter glass and even incapacitate enemies with its sheer sounds. Its range is one-hundred feet. It leaves opponents writhing in agony.
- Line Launcher: A rope pistol that Batman can use as a zip-line.
- Tranquilizer Gun: A gun that shoots non-lethal ammunition.
- Laser: Used to some materials.
- Concussion Mines: Improved Pellet Grenades capable of blowing up reinforced steel walls.
- Glue Globules: Small pellets which encase the foe in a sticky substance.
- Bat Stungun
- Acetylene Torch
- Grapnel Gun
- Lock Pick
- Master Bat-Key
- Night Vision Bat-Goggles
- Evidence Bags
- Fingerprint Dusting Kit
- Communications Devices
- Energy Deflector
- First-Aid Kit
- Kryptonite Ring
- Micro-Cassette Recorder
- Micro-Processor Power Source
- Miniaturized Bat-Toolkit
- Minicam and Recorder
- Shark Repellent Bat Spray
- Sonic Bat-Beacon
- Wax Lips
- Sound/Sonic Box
The Haz-Bat Suit is specifically designed to quarantine Batman from hazardous viruses, toxins, wastes, etc and still allow him the mobility and durability he needs to fight crime. It’s able to withstand a big blast of fire from a meta human with pyrokinesis with no damage to the suit and uses tasers to take them out. The Haz-Bat Suit can also withstand the pull of a black hole and a powerful energy blast with only damage to the visor. Due to being made of a lightweight composite armor, the Haz-Bat Suit is designed to take a blast of heat vision from Superman. This is evident when it took a heat vision blast from Patient Zero similar to Superman’s. Other features of this suit include the medical scanning capabilities, enhanced thermal imaging, and can take tissue samples for testing.
To rescue a scientist from an erupting volcano due to tremors, Batman donned the Magma Mech. This mech-suit is designed to withstand contact with magma and to move through magma freely. It can also bust through the walls of a volcano.
This armor is designed to help Batman combat Superman’s doppelganger Bizarro. While Bizarro has the opposite of some of Superman’s abilities and weaknesses, he still has the same physicality as the Man of Steel. This armor is strong enough to take multiple hits from Bizarro and can do well against him. This armor is equipped with a mega-voltage titanium mesh, batarangs grenades that can be fired automatically, and solar laser fisticuffs.
When a group of evil Supermen and Batmen invaded the Justice League watchtower, it was up to Superman and Batman to fend them off. During the attack, Batman fought three of the evil Supermen by using backwards magic to create a mech-suit for himself to use. This mech-suit has a pair of wings possibly for flight and can shoot energy blasts capable of one-shotting Bizarro. The mech-suit was able to take hits from Ultraman and one-shotted him with a hit from its gauntlet.
Azrael Batsuit/Knightfall Exo-Batsuit
After Bruce Wayne was defeated and crippled by Bane, he nominated Jean-Paul Valley to take up the mantle of Batman while he recovered. While initially wearing Bruce Wayne’s uniform, Jean-Paul would eventually begin to succumb to his “programming," becoming more and more corrupted by the crime he was fighting, and replaced the suit with his own tailor-made armour with razor disks, blades and hidden weapons, becoming a more aggressive and unstable Batman, known among comic-fans as the “Azbat” ("Azrael-Batman").
When Batman returned to 21st century Gotham City after being sent to the past by Darkseid’s Omega Beams (long story), Bruce donned the Insider Suit as a disguise in order to freely explore Gotham and assess the state of things that occurred during his absence. Built with a different appearance than the traditional batsuit, the Insider Suit allows Batman to mimic a selection of super-abilities through the use of high-powered technology. However, the suit's power is limited and requires a recharge-time after the usage of each ability. While agile enough for gymnastic maneuvers, the suit has enough armor to protect the wearer from sword strikes, a missile blast from a rocket launcher, and hits from Geo-Force. The suit can recharge its power supply by either plugging into an external power source or by absorbing energy attacks that are directed upon it. It possesses a built-in grappling hook, and its exterior can release a powerful electric shock to knock out a person. The Insider Suit itself also has other abilities such as tracking signals, thermal vision, and hazard identification. The Insider Suit can mimic the following super-abilities:
- Spectral Mode: Designed for ideal night operation through night vision lenses and light and sound dampening technology. It can also be used to mitigate mind control.
- Speed Force Mode: Inspired by the Flash, the suit gives Batman limited access to the Speed Force and accelerates his movements beyond human speed. With this ability, Batman was able to blitz Tim Drake and easily outspeed Katana as well as outrace electricity.
- Heat Vision Mode: Inspired by the Kryptonian ability, the suit expels a concentrated beam of heat from the eye lenses. However, a larger blast can be expelled through the helmet's central "eye" as well. The suit’s heat vision is strong enough to cut a car in half and one-shot Looker.
- Willpower Mode: Inspired by the Green Lantern rings, the suit possesses a finger-mounted energy weapon that mimics an Oan power ring's ability to fire a concentrated blast of energy at an opponent. This ability was strong enough to one-shot Geo-Force.
- Camouflage Mode: Inspired by the Martian Manhunter, the suit allows Batman to turn invisible for a set period of time.
- Veritas Mode: Inspired by Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth, the suit possesses a filament cord that is lined with tactile sensors enabling it to act as a polygraph machine to discern if the individual trapped within it is telling the truth. Like Wonder Girl's lasso, Batman can also send an electric shock down the cord to shock the entrapped individual.
- Flight Mode: A standard ability amongst meta-class superheroes, the suit possesses the power of flight through the manipulation of gravity and magnetic forces.
- Teleportation Mode: The suit enables a direct link to a JLA teleporter, allowing Batman to hack into the Justice League's teleportation system and teleport himself or other people anywhere on the planet.
Batman created the Fenrir contingency with the design to take down the entirety of the Justice League. Part of the contingency is a mech-suit known as the Justice Buster Batsuit. The armor of the suit is capable of repeatedly taking blows from individuals with super-strength, such as a Wonder Woman whose going all out, an all out, albeit slightly slowed down Flash, and Superman. The Justice Buster Batsuit is also designed with the super strength and speed necessary to go toe-to-toe with these invulnerable individuals, such as hitting Wonder Woman and tagging the Flash at sub-optimal speeds. However, Batman doesn't predominantly rely on the mech-suit’s physicality (this was proven when the mech-suit got wrecked after a bloodlusted Superman dropped a skyscraper on it) and instead uses its specialized functions to combat his fellow Justice League members. The several mechanisms that the Justice Buster Batsuit is equipped with to eliminate key Justice League members are the following:
- The Bind of Veils: Used to incapacitate Wonder Woman, the Bind of Veils is an ancient hellenistic relic created by the Olympian god Hephaestus and serves as the antithesis to Wonder Woman's lasso of truth. It is used to bind an opponent in an illusion. In the case of Wonder Woman, she’s binded in a delusional fantasy where she is successful over her enemy and is frozen in victory.
- Hyper-Fast Servers: The servers of the Justice Buster are designed to process information and act faster than the Flash can run assuming he's not at optimal speed.
- Frictionless Fluid Cannon: Used to take out the Flash, the suit has a hyper-fast cannon that dispenses a frictionless fluid aimed at the Flash's feet and renders the surrounding area frictionless. It is designed to use the Flash’s own velocity against him, causing him to crash at his own momentum while completely incapacitating him in the process. Thanks to the suit's servers, it fires faster than Batman's body can even react.
- Powdered Magnesium Carbonate Cannon: A cannon which fires a goop made of powdered magnesium carbonate, a foam substance that absorbs moisture better than any other substance on Earth. It is used to defeat Aquaman by binding his body in the foam, preventing movement as the more he struggles the more it absorbs moisture from him.
- Electromagnetic Nerve Tree: A mechanism used to defeat Cyborg. It is presumably a mechanism which attacks Cyborg's nerves with electromagnetic pulses, disorienting and incapacitating his mechanical functions.
- Citrine Neurolizer: A mechanism used to defeat the Green Lantern. It is presumably a mechanism that imprints citrine lighting into Green Lantern's brain, preventing him from using his ring.
- The Red Giants: The knuckles of the Justice Buster have pods that contain red suns collected from dead solar systems and miniaturized by the Atom. Each knuckle has ten of these suns. Red solar radiation is a weakness of Superman and as such, the knuckles are highly effective against him.
- Plasma Shields: The suit has plasma shields which deflect heat-vision like that used by Superman.
- Thrust & Thermal: A mechanism used to counteract Superman freeze breath.
- Kryptonite Gum: A butadiene-based synthetic rubber, a polymer laced with radioactive Kryptonian dust. Batman keeps a piece of it inside the Justice Buster’s helmet.
During a conversation with Batman in an attempt to convince him to join him in creating a perfect multiverse of justice to replace the current one, Alpheus, also known as the World Forger, showed the Dark Knight a suit of armor that the latter would create a few months into the future. Batman would create the Son Box, a chair that was built from Element X. As mentioned earlier, Element X is also known as the Tenth Metal, the purest form of creation itself and one of the strongest metals in the DC universe. Initially, the Son Box allowed Batman to look into people’s hearts. However, Alpheus stated that Batman would take it a step further by building the Final Batsuit around it. As a result, this gave Batman the capability of changing people’s minds by rewriting them cell by cell. In Alpheus’ perfect multiverse, Batman would use the Final Batsuit to rewrite the minds of the Justice League. This iteration of the League included Martian Manhunter, one of the strongest telepaths in the DC universe and is capable of successfully using his mind hax on characters such as Despero, Superman, and the Spectre. When Jarro nearly destroyed the Final Batsuit in the future, Alpheus took the armor and gave it to present-day Batman, who repaired it.The Final Batsuit was later proven to be Batman’s strongest armor after Batman used it to take down the Justice League (Wonder Woman, The Flash [Barry Allen], Green Lantern [John Stewart], Martian Manhunter, and Hawkgirl). In terms of durability, the Final Batsuit can take hits from Hawkgirl and a giant Martian Manhunter. In return, the suit has the physical strength to hit back against Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl. The Final Batsuit is equipped with electric net drones that it can shoot out fast enough to tag the Flash and Green Lantern and an electric net that it uses to take out Hawkgirl. The armor is also equipped with an energy cannon that is powerful enough to blast back the giant Martian Manhunter. Lastly, the Final Batsuit was able to match the psychic blast of Shayne J'onzz, the possible son of Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl, and he possesses power that was so great, not even Martian Manhunter could understand it.
His most powerfulsuit ever. Making it's first appearance in Batman and Robin Vol 2 issue 33, this suit is one of the three most powerful suits that Batman has ever used. Made for the battle, for the most extreme situations, due to Batman not having powers of his own. Although he couldn't originally access this suit by himself, without the permission from the rest of the Justice League. Batman now has full access to the suit and can summon it to him whenever he wants. Powerful enough to contend with a demon that was capable of containing Etrigan, beat down Kalibak and even stalemate Darkseid.
- God-like Strength, Speed & Durability
- Nano-Kinetic Mesh Armor: The husk forged in the heart of the Sun by Superman which is made of ‘nanoparticle mesh’ which can be shifted and changed on voice command or telepathic link, it would also be assumed that the increased strength and durability were also given by Superman and Wonder Woman. Flash worked the suit to be able to handle the Speed Force and to add speed to the list of the suit’s powers, Aquaman worked on the suit, presumably giving it marine powers.
- Flight: Wings created with Green Lantern’s powers which have been made using the same ‘nanoparticle mesh’ as the husk
- Invisibility: The Hellbat suit also has invisibility which is undetectable by super vision and senses demonstrated by the infiltration of Apokolips.
- Bat-Shaped Chest Laser: Cyborg worked on the technology of the suit which would include the voice control of the nano kinetic mesh and the higher power energy blast from the Bat chest insignia
- Devastator Punch: Wonder Woman added some of her own powers to the suit's fists, keep in mind that Wodner Woman is strong enough to pull around the earth (Unfortunatly, it has a 95% chance of giving Batman a heart attack).
- Ejection: The wearer can eject certainly parts of the armor to prolong their life which is seen in the comics when Bruce Wayne ejects the helmet and gloves.
- Bench-pressed 1000 pounds.
- Leg-pressed 2500 pounds
- Threw a batarang at 100 miles per hour.
- Has destroyed metals with his bare hands.
- Broke Man-Bat's arm.
- Shattered Deadshot's wrist guns with his hand.
- Kicked a motorcycle in half.
- Stopped a speeding car.
- With a straight jacket, lifted a coffin with 600 lbs of dirt applying pressure from above.
- Broke a sword with his bare foot.
- Shattered an assault rifle with his bare hands.
- Broke Handcuffs with one hand.
- Doing so would require about 2 tons of force.
- Resisted the pull of a jet turbine, climbed onto a wing and then managed to hold onto the wing.
- Punched a guy so hard he broke through a metal door.
- Held down a metal plate against the force of an explosion
- Pulled open a steel vault underwater
- Ripped sections of a wall off
- Despite not sleeping for a week as well as being drugged and starved, ripped apart a metal duct
- Pushed through 600 pounds of dirt despite being in a coffin and a straightjacket
- Snapped the neck of a leopard
- Overpowered Post-Hush Killer Croc and knocked him out with one punch
- Despite his left side being paralyzed and his right side being weakened, kicked Jack in the Box through a concrete column
- Created a huge crack in reinforced glass designed to take bazooka fire while dying from poison gas
- Kicked a motorcycle in half
- Punched a Talon through a reinforced steel door
- Strong enough to KO Deathstroke with a surprise attack
- KOed a Parademon with one strike
- Destroyed Red Hood’s bulletproof helmet with a headbutt
- Shattered Mr. Freeze’s bulletproof helmet
- Took out Gorilla Grodd with one kick.
- Transformed into a human buzzsaw (0.34 Tons of TNT)
- Humiliated Superman in a one-on-one fight (Exo-Suit)
- Shot out energy blasts capable of one-shotting Bizarro (who is at Superman’s level) (Magic Suit)
- One shot Ultraman with a hit from its gauntlet. (Magic Suit)
- One-shot Geo-Force. (Insider Suit)
- Punched Wonder Woman into a building (Justice Buster)
- Injured Superman with Red Sun infused punches (Justice Buster)
- Injured Hawkgirl with his attacks (Final Batsuit)
- Blasted back the giant Martian Manhunter (Final Batsuit)
- Beam able to match a Martian’s Psychic Blast (Final Batsuit)
- Hurt Darkseid with a punch, keep in mind that Darkseid is a being who survived an uppercut from Green Lantern Allen Scott, who was powered-up by the power of the entire universe at the time (Hellbat)
- Charged himself with the Alien Crystal which absorbed Darkseid’s beams and then heavily injured Darkseid (Hellbat)
- Injured Eradicator (a being who is on bar with Superman - no it wasn’t Bruce who was piloting it but it was the Hellbat Suit) (Hellbat)
- Avoided Darkseid's Omega Beams, which are virtually undodgeable.
- Swapped a poison drink faster than the blink of an eye.
- Can break out of a buried coffin, and a straight jacket in 52 seconds at his slowest.
- Outran an explosion.
- Ran faster than a speeding car.
- Dodged Superman's Heat Vision.
- Dodged gunfire at point blank range.
- Reacted to a sniper shooting him from behind.
- Capable of deflecting bullets with his bare hands.
- During a time when he was turned into a child, Batman easily speeded through the security defenses of the Justice League watchtower while the rest of the league was having trouble. It should be noted that the security defenses were designed my Mister Miracle, a master escape artist and New God.
- Saved a man from getting run over by a train and immediately dodges gunfire right after.
- Easily dodged Batwoman’s grenades and reappears before she can notice.
- Threw his Batarang at 100mph at a criminal before he could react and immediately saves a falling baby right after.
- Saved a little girl from an out of control, crashing plane.
- Saved a man from a drive by shooting and caught up with the car on foot.
- Took out two sentry guns on opposite sides before they can get a chance to shoot at him.
- Caught up to a gang on their motorcycles and places them in a trap.
- Took out two helicopters with the combined use of his gadgets and speed.
- Arrived at a crime in 3 minutes while the police arrived in 9 to 12 minutes.
- Saved a baby falling from a bridge.
- Dodged heat vision from Composite Superman. Reacts using a lead based mirror.
- Disappeared out of sight from the Suicide Squad in front of him, dodging point blank gunfire from Deadshot in the process.
- Caught up with Scarecrow, who had a headstart at another building.
- Dodged Dr. Light’s light beams blasts at close range.
- Able to catch grenades and throw them away before they can explode.
- Disarmed two armed gunmen before they could get a chance to aim with a single Batarang while restraining one man with one arm.
- Stole guns from people’s hands before they can get a chance to pull the trigger.
- Deflected numerous darts and daggers with his batarangs.
- Can easily catch arrows, including ones shot at him when he isn’t looking from master archers such as Green Arrow and Speedy.
- Can easily steal stuff from people’s hands without them noticing, including lantern rings from Green Lanterns Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner.
- Saved speedster Impulse from a bomb and caught him while he was in motion.
- Fast enough to hit Kid Flash and destroy Roy Harper’s arrow before he could get a chance to fire it.
- Fast enough to dodge gunfire from uzis at close range, tanks, machine guns, snipers, and machine guns from police helicopters and military helicopters.
- Took down 100 armed guards at once.
- Dodged gunfire similar to Neo from the Matrix.
- Evaded gunfire from the Wrath’s machine gun, which is capable of firing 5,000 rounds per minute.
- Dodged a bolt of lightning.
- Can perceive bullets in slow motion.
- Blitzed Tim Drake (Insider Suit)
- Easily outsped Katana (Insider Suit)
- Outraced electricity (Insider Suit)
- The servers of the Justice Buster are designed to process information and act faster than the Flash can run assuming he's not at optimal speed (Justice Buster)
- Can react to attacks from The Flash (This was the Barry Allen Flash by the way) (Justice Buster).
- Drones are fast enough to tag Green Lantern John Stewart and the Flash (Final Batsuit)
- Dodged Kalibak’s attacks (Hellbat)
- Hellbat suit can fly at high speeds (Hellbat)
- Survived the electric chair.
- Fought different opponents for 38 hours straight until everyone gave up against him.
- Kept fighting after being shot in the head.
- Fought Talon and the Court of Owls after taking a beating from them.
- Can tank point blank blasts that would normally destroy his suit.
- Tanked attacks from Clayface.
- Survived getting his back broken by Bane.
- Withstood a lethal amount of air pressure
- Survived a beating from the Karate Kid
- Survived Diana knocking him through concrete and a building without armor
- Survived getting smashed into a building without armor
- Armor tanks all of Vigilante’s arsenal
- Transparent bulletproof mask
- Submachine gun fire does nothing to his armor
- Armor protects him from a flamethrower
- Cape protects him from the flame of a chimera
- Survived the hellfire of the Queen of Hell
- Survived submerged in acid
- Destroyed laboratory while still inside and comes out unscathed
- Tanked a building-scale explosion
- Tanked a tank round
- Survived Harley blowing up the building he and Deathstroke were fighting in
- Tanked the epicenter of an explosion that destroyed the top of a skyscraper
- Cape protected him from bombardment from Mongul’s ship
- Is just fine after being attacked by the God Deimos possessing the Joker
- Continued to fight after having a shovel shoved through his chest
- Endured the 49-day Thogal ritual.
- Got shot point blank on the back and immediately got back up a few seconds afterwards.
- Got slammed into a crate after getting hit on the chest with a large log by Killer Croc.
- Got shot with poison and venom from Jade Nguyen (Cheshire) and Jane Doe (Copperhead) respectfully. Still kept going afterwards.
- Survived being impaled by a wooden spear. Kept fighting afterwards.
- Took a heat vision blast from Patient Zero whose Heat Vision similar to Superman’s. (Haz-Bat Suit)
- Withstood the pull of a black hole (Haz-Bat Suit)
- Magma Suit can withstand contact with magma (Magma Suit)
- Strong enough to take multiple hits from Bizarro (Anti-Bizzaro Suit)
- Tanked hits from Ultraman (who is an evil version of Superman) (Magic Suit)
- Tanked hits from the Flash (Justice Buster)
- Tanked Superman slamming this piece of building into the Justice Buster (Justice Buster)
- Got a skyscraper dropped on him (Justice Buster)
- Got slammed into the ground by Martian Manhunter’s giant hand (Final Batsuit)
- Was near Superman’s punch that caused this explosion (Final Batsuit)
- Tanked hits from Hawkgirl (Final Batsuit)
- Zapped with electricity (Final Batsuit)
- Got his leg grabbed by Darkseid Avatar and his leg broken (Hellbat)
- Tanked shots from Godfrey’s Pistol (Hellbat)
- Tanked shots from laser rifles (Hellbat)
- Hellbat suit tanked Eradicator’s attacks (Hellbat)
- Stepped on by Darkseid Avatar (Hellbat)
- Got hit by Darkseid Avatar and flew several feet. (Hellbat)
- Defeated the Joker.
- Broke into Area 51 and 52.
- Defeated the Justice League by himself.
- Is considered to have one of, if not, the most keen mind in the DCU, as he's a known Polymath, and had more than ten degrees by 21.
- Has plans to take out the entire JLA, and can even hack into a Kryptonian ship.
- Is so intimidating, the Sinestro Corps rings have no effect on him.
- Mastered about every martial art in the world, and blended them into his own style, capable of holding his own against the likes of Karate Kid, Lady Shiva, and Deathstroke.
- Created a teleportation block to the Batcave.
- Built the Batcave.
- Has taken on superhuman beings with his wits alone.
- Hacked all of Gotham.
- Created Brother Eye, one of the most advanced AIs in the DC Universe.
- Created his very own Lazarus Pit.
- Defeated 15 Man-Bats in a row.
- On par with Deathstroke and Bronze Tiger.
- Defeated Lady Shiva, one of the most skilled combatants in the DC Universe.
- On par with Green Arrow in marksmanship.
- Snuck up on Superman, who can hear cries from distant galaxies.
- Can survive in a vacuum for 24-27 seconds
- Solved numerous unsolvable crimes
- Caught one of Green Arrows Arrows in midair.
- Defeated Lex Luthor, who was amped up in a mix of Venom and liquid Kryptonite while wearing remnants of his Warsuit armor.
- Defeated a giant alien monster via electrocution.
- Defeated a Venom enhanced Killer Croc.
- Fought 50 ninja Man-Bats at once, crippling 30 of them. At another instance, he took down more than 15 of them.
- Defeated 4 supervillains at once: Hypnotic, Mr. Toxic, Mr. Combustible, Mr. Mosaic, and Snakeskin.
- Defeated Kryptonian robots and Doomsday clones with explosive batarangs.
- Fought off tons of supervillains while traveling 500 miles with Two-Face, including Talons and the KGBeast.
- Fought trained soldiers that were wearing quantum stealth.
- Took out imposters of Batwoman, Red Hood, and Nightwing all at once.
- Knows how to make 10 minutes of air last for an hour
- Knows how to speak Kryptonian
- Made a surgical incision in his own palm
- Knows a spell that can prevent the use of magic for an hour
- Capable of using backwards magic
- Knows 463 ways of incapacitating someone without drawing blood
- Learned to speed read, lip read, and developed total recall at the age of 14
- Knows how to knock out people with a two finger touch technique
- Deduced multiple martial art styles, some of them that only a few people know about
- Able to speak more than 9 languages
- Earned 12 degrees
- Can fly a biplane while being temporarily blinded
- Can tell whether his allies are imposters or not based on their fighting styles
- Knows every fighting style
- Escaped Wonder Woman's lasso.
- Has outsmarted Ra's and Talia al Ghul.
- Defeated King Snake, Aquaman, and Superman.
- One of the smartest strategists in the DC Universe.
- The Final Batsuit was capable of letting Batman throw down with the Justice League.
- His skills as a detective have repeatedly proven an asset to not only Gotham, but the entire world.
- A founding member of the Justice League
- Has led the charge against numerous alien invasions in the past
- Has raised multiple sidekicks who would later become important heroes on their own right
- Is arguably the second most iconic comic book character in fiction and one of the most iconic characters period
- Is the Goddamn Batman
- Defeated an emanation of Darkseid whilst as a Hellbat
- Defeated Ultraman in the Magic armor.
- Helped stop Barbatos and saved the multiverse
- Soloed White Martian team, Hyperclan
- Saved the universe from the Hyper-Adapter
- Became the God of Knowledge
- Brought his son back to life
- Humanity: While Batman fights along side almighty gods like Superman and Shazam, he is still a human, and thus can still be hurt by things that would damage a regular person.
- Strategy: Bruce may be a brilliant tactician and formidable warrior, but he still requires preperation to defeat most of his foes, like his bouts with Superman.
- Non-Lethal Arsenal: His arsenal is mostly based on weaponry designed to incapacitate opponents rather than killing them, leaving it difficult for the Caped Crusader to land a killing blow.
- Trust Issues: Batman has a really hard time trusting people even some of his closest allies. Batman has a plan to take down his fellow Justice League of America members if they ever go rouge. This has lead many of his former friends to not trust Batman.
- The Hellbat Suit: While the Hellbat is no doubt Batman's most powerful armor of all, it has one drawback, it's fueled by Batman's own life energy, specifically, his metabolism. Should any fight with the Hellbat go on for too long, Bruce may succumb to the suit's hunger before finishing the fight himself. But he has been able to avoid this problem by absorbing someone else's bio-mass for fuel... that works too.
- Batman was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane, first appearing in Detective Comics #27. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, which takes place Post-Flashpoint, his first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in the first issue of Geoff Johns and Jim Lee's New 52 Justice League series.
- Bruce Wayne (Prime Earth) appears as Batman (Prime) a playable character in the Infinite Crisis video game.
- Bruce Wayne rarely drinks alcohol. Dick Grayson has mentioned that he's seen Bruce drink less times than he can count on one hand. When Stephanie Brown died, he drank Purcell's 12-year-old bourbon.
- Batman's online screenname is JonDoe297.
- Bruce Wayne's favorite meal is Mulligatawny soup.
- Notable nicknames for Batman include: The Dark Knight, The Caped Crusader, The World's Greatest Detective, The Masked Manhunter, The Cowled Crimefighter, and simply, The Bat.